I’m Lori and I’m so glad you’ve found me. I am a blessed survivor who shares openly about my life and the faithfulness of God.
I live in a little town on the California central coast where I am minutes from the ocean and minutes from the mountains. I married the the cutest guy in our church youth group and God surprised us with three amazing gifts; Jessica, Cory and Olivia. In my life before kids I was a sixth grade teacher and part time assistant principal.
Random Things About Me
- Laundry is my life.
- I’ve written a book that still needs to be published.
- I drive 25 minutes to take barre classes at 6 in the morning. I enjoy the classes but not the 5 a.m. alarm.
- My oldest daughter is a beautiful dancer. Dance mom feelings are a “for real” thing.
- My son plays high school football. Those mom feelings are equally as intense.
- My youngest daughter is an over-the-top fan of dinosaurs.
- I am a frustrated introvert.
- I have had colon cancer and uterine cancer.
- My mom was only 46 when she died of breast cancer.
- My children raise animals for the county fair.
- I’m pretty sure menopause will be what actually kills me.
- I’ve had internal radiation. Yes, it’s a real thing.
- Public speaking is easy for me and I enjoy it.
- I am homeschooling my youngest daughter.
- I teach a science class for our homeschool co-op group.
- I am a recovering perfectionist.
- I need to lose 20 lbs.
- Can’t choose between coffee and green tea.